Gas pipe routing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just about to totally gut my ancient kitchen and need to do something with the old lead surface mounted gas pipe,I basically want to get it chased into the wall and just leave a surface mounted bayonet socket to plug the gas cooker into, but have seen many posts frowning upon burying gas pipes in walls, The old ceiling is coming down so got easy access to all the pipes, I've got a proper gas fitter lined up to do the work, but want to do all the prep work before hand, I know he's busy at the mo, so will get everything done ready before hand, but there's no real suitable place to have it surface mounted any-more.

Hopefully when the ceiling comes down , the old lead can be done away with quite easily, there's already a 22mm gas feed up in the ceiling that goes to my combi so there won't be a problem getting a new 15 mm supply across the kitchen. The problem is that it's only a single 4" red brick party wall, I could chase it in , get it set in denso tape and under a steel cover strip to make it safe from my side only for somebody else to drill into it from the neighbours house unknowingly in the future.There's no other place the cooker could go.

Any suggestions or advice or even a better solution would be extremely helpful if there is one :)

Sponsored Links
Would it even be possible to run a 15mm pipe inside a metal 25mm galvanised conduit to protect the pipe all round, or fix a steel plate into the wall first, if it had been on a different wall I wouldn't have had these problems, I can't box it in any corners and certainly don't want it face work in a new kitchen,under the floor isn't an option either I'm afraid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back