Gas Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All
two questions if you dont mind.

i had my meter (gas) changed today and the installer said that there is a very slight gas leak that is within tolerance. is this normal>
what should i do?
we cannot smell gas, half of the pipe is old lead i think and the other half is new copper?

the other question is my gas pipe comes out from the cellar wall and outside allong, back in etc.
is gas pipe allowed to be buried? under the floor? our floor will need to be dig out in the future to lay a new base in the kitchen, can it be protected and put under this?
do they use yellow MDPE for this or copper ?

cheers

Sponsored Links
It is permisable to allow a leak if it cannot be smelt and is within the tolerances allowed. Internal supplies can be buried, with proper protection and are usually copper. Plastic is not permitted for internal supplies, ie any pipework after the meter. If it were me I would have ALL the lead supplies upgraded to copper for peace of mind.

Hi there
thanks for the peack of mind there.
i will be getting the whole outside pipe replaced next year with copper and my boiler is going to be moved and the floor taken up this seems like the best time to replace it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back