Question on gas extension from gas meter to workshop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of digging a trench in order to lay the services from the main house to a recently constructed workshop in the garden.
Workshop will have it's own combi boiler, so I'm going to be getting a corgi man in to extend the gas from my main gas meter, under the patio and to the new workshop.

Question I would like to know before getting too far along with this is what type of pipe will typically be used underground.
As far as I understand, most corgi installers will run 22mm copper along the side of the house, then down underground through a plastic duct.
Is there any reason why yellow polypipe (MDPE) could'nt be used - someone told be last year that for domestic installations (home side of the gas meter) that everything had to be rigid copper other than the cooker hose.

Cheers.

Steve

Sponsored Links
PEis fine if you make an above ground entry in steel or copper, and fit an ecv at the point of entry, the RGI should know what to do, otherwise get another one.

Be warned though, you will almost certainly need a bigger meter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back