Gazco Studio Door tool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have recently moved into a new house with a Gazco studio fire.

The fire works for a short period of time before the remote shows TEMP ERROR.

The fire is not supported by Gazco as it too old.

I would like to have a look inside the fire but you need a specific allen key tool to open the glass and get access to the fire.

The tool is £30 from Gazco but I was wondering if anyone knew what size the Allen key is as I don't want to spend a load of money on a tool if the fire is broken.

Does anyone have this tool and could measure the allen key end so I can make my own tool for a lot less.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do not know size. Can you provide us with an image of the bolt head that you need to remove as I am presuming it is a security bit?

And if not a normal hex Allan key, suggest you buy one of these sets and work your way through the bits until you get to one that fits.

Last edited:
Hi the head of the bold is in at 90 degrees in a really tight gap in the fire surround, so its impossible to find out without having the door off.

below is the tool, I'm planning to cut down the right size allen key it will fit in the gap

Sponsored Links
Do you know what size the key is otherwise I will have to cut down various different sizes to find the right size

Thanks

Sorry but do not know.

Suggest Use a lump of blutack pushed into hex hole on bolt head and measure hex diameter.

Or down to Poundland and buy cheapest Allan key set and hacksaw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back