Genuine Mixer Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due to an old and constantly dripping tap I purchased a Stockholm single lever tap from B&Q yesterday. http://tinyurl.com/dk3l2r

It looks nice but it's disappointing because the hot water comes out of a small hole in the centre of the outlet but the cold comes from the outside of the outlet. In other words, the hot and cold are not mixed, they just come out close together.

I see that this is NOT described as a mixer tap on their website, but should they not point out that the hot and cold water will not be mixed? I take it that if I buy something described as a "mixer" the water will actually be mixed?

[an aside: The other annoying thing about it is that the hole from which the hot water emanates is quite small, thus you get a water pistol effect and small drops of water splash everywhere.]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back