Getting ready to mix and pour a foundation

I reckon thats £350+vat for materials.

5 bags of ballast @ £40+vat ea

29 bags of cement @ £5+vat ea
Jesus. Local place to me does cement at £3.30 a bag incl vat
£33 bulk bag ballast incl vat.

Free delivery. If I could bear to go and see the clowns at Cambabest it would be cheaper still.

Sponsored Links
I just used a local-ish form who not only mix as required on site but then barrow it for you.....2.5m done in half an hour. I had to do the levelling and make the tea. same price as doing it myself. recommend you keep looking.

I'm in berkshire and pay £92+vat/cube. I've had to barrow it myself on occasion but never mix myself any more. DIY mixing will be a miserable way to start a self build... you want to be full of energy and enthusiasm, not broken by day 1 :)

The chutes on the volumetric mixers can reach 3 or 4 metres alone, with the last chute being 2 foot above ground level. In the past I've made my own chutes at ground level with corrugated iron to extend this further to get as far as the foundation trench.

Sponsored Links
The mix on site trucks are the way to go. Believe me, I’m a penny pinching b*****d and I could have barely bought materials for the cost of the whole foundation and floor slab.

Most places coming in at £150+vat per cubic M - I'll keep looking though.

Its no good these Northeners posting up their cheap prices! They need to try ordering this stuff in Surrey or Sussex :ROFLMAO:

And what price is materials to mix own? must be near £400 plus mixer hire,not worth the hassle to save £50 ?
Jim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back