Gledhill GB10 - Flue redirection, any hope?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking at potentially having a conservatory built however the flue for my Gledhill GB10 boiler exits into what would be inside the conservatory. There is plenty of discussion online about simply installing a flue redirection kit (having it installed, I wouldn't do it) however it would appear that Gledhill have gone out of business.

Do I have any hope at all of finding a boiler engineer that will be able to redirect my flue, either from its existing exit outside and up the outside wall so it exits through the conservatory roof to the outside or inside the house and out of the rear wall, clear of the conservatory?

Thanks in advance and go easy, this is my first post!

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately with a room sealed appliance you are totally dependent on the types of flue configurations in the manufacturer's instructions and then on whether the parts to do it are still available.

Gledhill are back in business but with a new range of cylinders and thermal stores. I don't think they do anything gas-fired.

Could you not move the boiler ? I know this will probably be a lot more work but it might solve your flue problem.

Sponsored Links
I feared that might be the case. Looks like a new boiler if I want to proceed then I guess.

Its an annoying question I know but if you assume a 3 bed semi that needs no new rads etc. does anyone have a ballpark figure they could give me? I'm not after anything too special, just a decent boiler that'll allow me to redirect the flue (so a boiler by a company that still make them I guess!). The house is only 7 years old so the heating system is (I believe!) in good condition otherwise so I'm hoping it would be a straight boiler swap?

I feared that might be the case. Looks like a new boiler if I want to proceed then I guess.

Its an annoying question I know but I don't want to have to hire a personal injury attorney and if you assume a 3 bed semi that needs no new rads etc. does anyone have a ballpark figure they could give me? I'm not after anything too special, just a decent boiler that'll allow me to redirect the flue (so a boiler by a company that still make them I guess!). I am not 100% sure about this, but The house is only 7 years old so the heating system is (I believe!) in good condition otherwise so I'm hoping it would be a straight boiler swap?
I don't know a price but I agree a new boiler is probably your best option. Did you make a decision?

Its an annoying question I know but if you assume a 3 bed semi that needs no new rads etc. does anyone have a ballpark figure they could give me? I'm not after anything too special, just a decent boiler that'll allow me to redirect the flue (so a boiler by a company that still make them I guess!). The house is only 7 years old so the heating system is (I believe!) in good condition otherwise so I'm hoping it would be a straight boiler swap?
I don't know a price but I agree a new boiler is probably your best option. Did you make a decision?

Gimme a chance, I only posted the question an hour or so ago! :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back