Boiler flue needs resited?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to have a lean on conservatory built at the back of my terraced house but the boiler flue is on the way.The registered Corgi gas engineer said I would need to re- site the boiler in my bathroom on the first floor at an enormous cost.
The back wall surface is occcupied a back pvc door and 2 kitchen windows.The boiler is on the kitchen wall.The vertical distance between where the present flue is and the top floor bathroom window is 160cm.
Is there an easier and cheaper way of redirecting the flue fumes so that I can go ahead with my conservatory plan a cheaper way?

Sponsored Links
If it's an older boiler non condensing you probably won't be able to get
the flue parts so most likely new boiler time as well.
It's rare I would be able to get a flue out from an existing boiler were
it would be in a condition to be reused if moving the boiler.

Dear dcawkwell ,Thanks very much for your reply and kind willingness to help.The boiler is Worcester 230RSF some10+ years old but has given good service so far.Hope this would help in your further contribution.-jameel

Sponsored Links
Hi Pete,Thanks very very much for your reply.The boiler is a Worcester 230SRF some 10+years old.Sorry I am not able to insert a pic due to lack of knowhow.I wish I could to meet your kindness to help.Looking forward to further contribution from you.Jameel

I have my doubts that a 230RSF would survive the move and I personally think it would be a false economy to try. If you're dead set on the conservatory in this position you are going to have to look at factoring in the cost of a new boiler in my opinion.

There are a few options on this one, one being relocating boiler, one being extending flue in a different direction and one being taking it out through the conservatory. Depends on what is practical and what will comply with the regs. But you may struggle to get addition flue for that boiler.

Thanks to ''adamsheating'' and other respondents-responses much appreciated.
I am open to a new condensing boiler -of Biasi make,as suggested by the Gas Safe Installer(courtesy of PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN) particularly as the boiller has now broken down and diagnosed as ''MOTHER BOARD FAILURE''This part he said, will cost £170 to buy + labour charge.
However, he also said that the new condensing boiler would still need a flue outlet,meaning I am back to square one.
The option of redirecting the flue seems appealing (perhaps vertically upward if such connections are available for the Worcester 230SRF AND IF THIS WITHIN PERMITTED REGULATIONS).Can someone please guide me on this aspect.The opinion of false economy is quite valid as well.
Hard to decide.

You can get the Biasi M296 for about £550 and its a very good boiler.

Flue and if required plume divertion kit about £100 extra.

With a new boiler all the flue options are available. Not the case with your old boiler!

Tony

Thanks Tony,suggestion much appreciated and point taken on board.This is what I am set forth to do now.Thanks again.

as the boiler was discontinued 15 yrs ago it might be time for a new one

There are a few options on this one, one being extending flue in a different direction and one being taking it out through the conservatory. Depends on what is practical and what will comply with the regs

oh dear are you sure you have the right name on here ?

you can only extend the flue on this boiler upto 1.5m without bends hardly enough to go through a new conservatory, what will comply with the regs ? so you don't know what the regs are which brings me back to my first point

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back