Can't get to outside of flue

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it was run in 22 copper, removed afterwards and you would see the hole drilled in the outside wall facing a road. As for photos I would love to but not sure if my mate would object as he is now making a claim. I really did not want to name the company but when someone thinks NG stands for National grid, then I had to.
So does BG now stand for Brentwood gas then ?

Sponsored Links
Haway man, we're all dying to see the pics. Not the paperwork/legal papers, just the install :whistle:

how the old saying goes , put your money where your mouth is :) other words show the paperwork ;) .

Sponsored Links
Come on guys, this is starting to get out of hand. Mike has had some bad dealings, and dislikes the dodgy side of the industry, but has he ever criticised any of you yet, and if not, then why are you all taking it so personally, and getting so abusive.

Because he writes so much garbage. Remember, I am sure it was him, he had the London Fire brigade (and probably the Army) blocking his street because of a leaking test nipple, that he claimed a Transco (?) guy left loose. Rather than just tightening it.

Reading his posts of woe is like a years worth of Corrie & Emmerdale dramas.

And if he is so matey with 3 RGI's why does he keep having the dramas?

PA230163.JPG
another picture showing mains wire dangling above work top

Last edited:
PA230170.JPG
PA230170.JPG
PA230170.JPG
PA230159.JPG
PA230166.JPG
PA230164.JPG
PA230164.JPG
View attachment 108650

So please tell me if my mate is wrong in protesting with Northern gas for not coming back to complete this installation if you consider it as temporary wiring, 2 months have passed and they had done nothing to remedy this situation, and the price they charged shocking £3,600.00

Attachments

• PA230163.JPG
    PA230163.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I wonder why your RGI mates were "busy":whistle:;)
Minting money of course, seriously all my mates are more into servicing than into installations, not that they can't do it, they find it easier to earn more from service calls than from installation, due to local competition, typical price to install just a boiler under £2K or even less.

The photo of the vaillant control box in above post shows that the cables were previously clamped within control box as you can clearly see the indents on outer sheathing where the cable has been pinched...those cables were not left like that unless of course the front boiler case had been left off??.. Case would not fit if cables were left as per photo.
The outer sheathing of external cables clearly show that they were routed through the control box in the correct manor until such time they were pulled out for the photo above..
Do you really think some on here are stupid???..why did you go to the trouble of pulling the cables out and removing the cable clamps???..why would the installer remove the cable clamps?
I noticed the bodgers have screwed the flue clamps...

Last edited:
I've seen some butchered wiring on Bunnies over the years, but never a mangled box like the first pic.....at least when the RT link is removed and wired.

Screwed flue and relatively neat soldering.... I smell Bullschit.

The photo of the vaillant control box in above post shows that the cables were previously clamped within control box as you can clearly see the indents on outer sheathing where the cable has been pinched...those cables were not left like that unless of course the front boiler case had been left off??.. Case would not fit if cables were left as per photo.
The outer sheathing of external cables clearly show that they were routed through the control box in the correct manor until such time they were pulled out for the photo above..
Do you really think some on here are stupid???..why did you go to the trouble of pulling the cables out and removing the cable clamps???..why would the installer remove the cable clamps?
I noticed the bodgers have screwed the flue clamps...
You would make a very incompetent investigator, shame on you, all along you are bent on accusing me of lying and fabricating evidence, so i have no longer any respect for you, good bye. I will now ignore you as well. Because I do not want to bang my head any more with you bunch of idiots.

And you failed to see that the idiot who used this cable had wired it as a temporary wiring using some old cable length. even I could tell that it had clamping marks from some other boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back