Converting a balanced flue to a conventional flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glow Worm Hideaway boiler in the basement with a balanced flue, but work to the outside of the house means the flue now exits in a confined area slighly below the new floor level. Does anyone know if there is a conversion kit to change it to a conventional flue which I can fix to the outside wall?

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry, even if the parts were available the cost would be enormous, and I doubt you have thought this through properly. new boiler time in my opinion.
External conventional flues = condensation without properly insulated (expensive) pipe, which has to be taken above the roof line etc.

so you now have an boiler that should be ID & that could possibly kill you, new boiler time

No you cant convert it to Conventional flue, you need a new boiler

Sponsored Links
no, the boiler is designed for a balanced flue only. and very much hope the boiler is no longer in use.

i'm abit confused anyway, floor mounted b/f boiler in a basement how does that work anyway surely the flue would be underground ?

I've fixed the problem flue over the weekend by extending the burnt gas outlet 850mm vertically away from the air inlet section and now it works perfectly.

Must keep my eyes open for family killed by diy flue in the devon area

ARE YOU F*CKIN STUPID ............... ..Turn the thing of and get someone thats gas safe to have a look at what youve done PLEASE

seriously this is a wind up. can you post a pic off what you have done. need a good laugh. well least you've saved yourself some money eh. :rolleyes:

Hi all,

You must not like your life, or that of your family, or other people in your dwelling. What you are doing could be lethal :!: Unless you have had a brain transplant or care not a jot for life.......

GET A GASSAFE ENGINEER ROUND TO LOOK AT IT YOU FRIGGIN IDIOT :rolleyes:

If anyone does die, your life insurance policy will be void by the way....

Its no joke what you have done is not just dangerous its highly dangerous.
You are putting your self and familly at great risk.
Whoever built over the boiler flue has broken the gas safety istalation and use regulations and if someone is injured or killed is liable for a manslaughter charge.
please get a qualified gas engineer out asap before you become another statistic.

NO

As said who built over it should know better so I'm assuming you did it yourself or employed someone who arrived on a horse.

You need a new boiler.

You have created a very serious hazard

Why did it not occur to you that building a room over a flue was a bad idea?

How has extending the exhaust solved the problem?

Perhaps you could extend the exhaust into your own mouth and connect the air intake to your arse this would at the very least make the world a safer place :evil: :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back