side flue?

I am sure he will understand that!

You ( the Owner ) can fit the vertical flue terminal through the roof if your installer agrees but he MUST do the connection to the rest of the flue to the boiler. ( Regardless of what he says! )

I would welcome that as it would absolve any responsibility for leaks from me! He might as well.

The roof weatherproofing is quite simple really but its something that many boiler installers seem to get wrong and then it leaks.

Tony

Sponsored Links
clf-gas, got CRI I think (corgi registered installer?) but not sure on RGI or MI (Manufacturers Installation?) - and am interested in if it is only 'yes, yes' for fanned flue or if a normal horzontal flue would be okay too..

Agile, thanks, that's good news. Doing the roof work would suit me as well, then I would know what had been done and could repair any leaks if necessary. (not that there'd be any of course! :rolleyes::eek: )

I don't want to have anything to do with connecting directly to the boiler, gas makes me nervous so having him do that part of the connection works for me as well! :)

cheers

Trev

Most of the public call us "plumbers" or "corgi registered installers", as advertised on TV (television). we ourselves use RGI, but thats irrelevant.

Whilst on the subject of flueing standards Kev, do you know the reason or have any thoughts on, why 2 flues on the same wall cannot be within 1500 vertically but as low as 300 horizontally. :confused: :confused: :?:

will try and keep any further threads within correct terminology :oops: ;)

Sponsored Links
Quite a few people call us CORGI Engineers or in full CORGI Registered Engineers ( CREs ).

As I dont do many installations I prefer that.

Tony

Cheers Tony, but what we or the the public call ourselves is tantermount the same, were all aware of this.8)

new to computing, and its jargon. :oops:

but would still like to know the difference between 1500 and 300 on the same wall.

Cheers :) :) .

Thats an old regulation that goes back to the days of the non fanned balanced flues with the flat plate across the front.

The hot POC would go upwards if its not windy and cause the intake air of another one above to be prejudiced by lower oxygen content.

When all boilers are now fanned no one wants to take the responsibility for modernising the limits so they are just left in!

Tony

Thanks Tony, my thoughs where along them lines .
always found that strange but stilll its down to common .
;) ;) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back