Need to move boiler or flue ~ advice needed pls!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My flue is in the kitchen and is in the way of a much needed conservatory....my question is can I......

[a}leave the boiler insitu and just put a bend on the flue

or

move the boiler into the loft

Any opinions or suggestions are welcome...

cheers

Sponsored Links
Altering the existing flue will depend on the make and model and its age as flue parts are usually discontinued within months of a model being discontinued.

If a boiler is to be in the loft then a new one would be the best option in most cases.

Tony

cheers for the replies......

Tony, the boiler was installed in 2000 and its a Glo-Worm Micron...cant really afford to replace as the conservatory is taking all of my savings....only need to move the flue about a foot from its existing place....

Sponsored Links
I sorted out that problem for a schoolfriend last year.

Conservatory was going on back of house so I just took the flue out to the side!

He was so impressed by my work that he then press ganged me into installing whole house boiler and rads in a house hes going to let.

Tony

hope he paid u well lol.....I was of the understanding that the flue could only be moved a very short distance away from the boiler...building regs and all that!

Most combis can have flues up to about 3 m but any elbows or bends count for about 0.9m

The first elbow on top of the boiler is not counted.

He took us out to dinner and paid for the bits used but I would not charge him anything else.

Tony

Some Micron flue parts are still available, some may not be. Distance you can go depends on model, eg:

30FF 3m
40FF 3m
50FF 3m
60FF 3m
70FF 2.5m
80FF 1.5m

NOTE: Max. flue length does not include flue elbow or bends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back