Gloss Paint Stain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently spilled white gloss paint on my landing carpet and would like to know if this can be removed?

Sponsored Links
Tricky one to answer though i will give it a go. If gloss has dried then the only thing i can think of is nitromors paint remover but this may stain the carpet as does bleach (makes material go white). So what i would do if i were u is try and get a patch of the carpet (if u have one) and apply some gloss on it and leave for 72 hours. Then apply nitromors paint remover on the the patched gloos carpet and do a tester to see what happens. But i would assume the paint remover would soften the gloss. If so, then i would lift off softened gloss with many clean rags at a time. Then i would pour white spirit over tester. Then i would repeatedly get a sponge and soak in white spirit and press down on sponge then release in order the sponge would soak up any excess gloss. Though this procedure may cause a chemical reaction on the carpet and cause discolouloration, therefore as mentioned try this method on tester patch area first.

Removing Gloss paint from carpets, I discovered solution this after white gloss paint was on my carpet. There is a solvent product named 'Sticky Stuff Remover'made by De-solv-it, bought from Lakeland . Put a little on a damp clothe & gently rub, follow with a damp cloth to remove any residue. This has removed white gloss from a dark jade green carpet. I was however able to do it immediatley I don't know if it will work after a period of time . :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back