glossing over woodstain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best way to gloss over mahogany woodstain, sand back abit to giv a key, afew coats of oil based undercoat and then gloss

Thanks in advance for any replies

andy

Sponsored Links
You may have probs repainting straight over the wood stain as it may bleed through. If it does you can use one of 2 products. Either an aluminium wood primer, then u/coat and gloss. Or you can use zinsser B.I.N primer sealer to block and then 2 coats gloss.

ok, i will go get some bins in the morning, do i still need to undercoat with oil based undercoat after using bins, or just use bins then 2 coats of gloss. thanks alot for ur reply

No worries :) . You can just use 2 coats BIN if you wish, as it is a primer sealer. If preferred you could also put on u/coat, but really not needed. You can get it in Nuneaton, if you are having trouble finding BIN. They sell it at what was Bacon bros paints, but now Brewers. Is on corporation st across frm big Halfords. Hope this helps. :D

Sponsored Links
I do believe the stains have a plastic quality like Melimine kitchen doors etc.,

I will have the same problem one day and so I am going to try a coat of MELIMINE PAINT and see what happens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back