Glow Worm 24ci boiler losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a Glow Worm 24ci boiler that keeps losing pressure. The PRV (pressure relief valve) is leaks. I've had this replaced but the problem remains.
I fill the boiler up to 1.0 bar and the heating works fine for a few hours. At around 1.9 bar, with the heating on, and the boiler at around 75 deg C, the pressure relief valve leaks. When the boiler is switched off, and the pressure reduces, it reduces to around 0.6 bar and the boiler stops working again until I fill it up.

I've also tried reducing the boiler temperature so that when it heats up the pressure doesn't go above 1.6 bar. This stops the PRV from leaking, but unfortunately doesn't provide enough heat to warm the house up.

Any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

Is it possible the pressure sensor is to blame? Giving a wrong reading for example? and then by filling the boiler to a reading of 1.0 bar it could really be a higher value! and this is what is causing the prv valve to discharge?

Many thanks for any advice!.
Chris

Sponsored Links
If you are reading the sensor pressure then that could be wrong.

A gauge when fitted is more reliable.

The Expansion vessel may need recharging or replacing. See the FAQ on this site.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back