Glow worm 24cxi F9 fault

the ntc's are about the most reliable part on the boiler, if they're failing I'd be looking to see if there is water leaking onto them.
No display= back to square one, could be any number of components causing that including the pressure sensor

Sponsored Links
Cheers Micky
Hmmm I may try putting the original pressure sensor back in but Im getting to the end of my tether with this bl**dy Glow worm, I only wanted to keep it going for another six months as the house is getting knocked down..... looks like I may have to sell my dignity and pay for a new worcester fitted for just six months..... £1200 for six months....it had best be a bloody cold winter to justify it grrrrrr!

on the cxi range original's f9 is a global fault code, in other words means absolutely frigging anyithing apart from f1/f4/f5.
you need proper advice on this one, but since a lot of independent's don't have the correct tool tool to identify the exact code (gloworm specific) it is going to be difficult for you!
i know what i would be suspecting it's is very grey in colour though!

why dont you get glowworm out on a fixed price repair? cheaper than a new boiler.

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys

Just spoke to Glow worm who reckon its £260 fixed price but that doesnt include anything to do with either the expansion vessel or the heat exchanger.

Annoyingly they say it should be still under warranty but they dont have my address on record. I dont have any of the orignal paperwork or fitters details, however I did recieve a letter from them about six months ago saying good news your Boilers warranty has now been extended to 5 years free of charge..... Now if my address isnt recorded, how the hell did they know who to post it too!!!!?

So whats the problem if you have that letter?

Why dont you have the installer's details or benchmark certificate?

Tony

Well for fear of turning this into an 'Agony Aunt' thread I was overseas in the army when the Ex had the system fitted, the EX bit is key as she either never kept the paperwork or took it with her when we split.... either way not in a position to ask for his details or the paperwork these days!

As for the letter, Im busy going through boxes and drawers at the moment trying to find it, in hope that it has ref number or something on it.

Hope that answers your questions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back