Glow worm 24cxi & Programmable Thermostat Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a Glow Worm 24cxi combi boiler and wish to wire a programmable thermostat to it. I have a 3 core cable connected to the thermostat (Heatmiser PTR - mains voltage) - the L, N and Switched Live are correctly wired.

But how do I connect these to the boiler. Now I know where the switched live connects in the boiler but where do I connect the L and N so that I can have power going to the thermostat.

The instruction manual for the boiler is pretty rubbish.

Boiler Manual
http://www.ultimatehandyman.org/PDF...0-38-Cxi-installation-manual-47-047-24-27.pdf

Thermo Manual
http://www.heatmiser.co.uk/manuals/prtv3.pdf

Any help would be welcome.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Am I misreading your post?

You take the L & N from the fused spur and provide a switch live to the options board.

Sounds too simple, am I missing something here? :eek: :confused:

It does sound simple. But I need to get the L and N from a point within the boiler. It's just that I can't find those points within the boiler anywhere...
:confused:

You don't get the L and N feed directly from the boiler for the thermostat. If you took the time to read the manual diagrams instead of slating the manual off you would clearly see that you take the L and N feed for the stat from the fuse spur and run a single switched live to the 230v control board. Don't go blaming manuals when you haven't been arsed to read the damn thing muppet

Sponsored Links
You don't get the L and N feed directly from the boiler for the thermostat. If you took the time to read the manual diagrams instead of slating the manual off you would clearly see that you take the L and N feed for the stat from the fuse spur and run a single switched live to the 230v control board. Don't go blaming manuals when you haven't been a***d to read the damn thing muppet

Well I would like to say thank you but I shall refrain.

This is a DIY forum where users come for help. Now if you feel that it is above yourself to provide this help without being abusive, may I suggest that you don't 'waste your time' in reading these posts and responding.

I see you have only recently joined and have zero thanks - I suspect it will stay that way.

I'd also like to point out that your information is also incorrect. If I have a 3 core lead going from the boiler to thermostat, then of course common sense tells me the L and N come from the boiler.

For the others on here can I ask a final question. I presume that it is ok to take the L and N connection for the heating controls from where the fused spur wire connects into the boiler?

Thanks in advance. ;)

Thermostat Manual Page 20 Voltage free switching connection A1 and A2 by the look of it. To the thermostat connection in the boiler next to the live neutral earth connection in the boiler underside on the left.

I'd also like to point out that your information is also incorrect. If I have a 3 core lead going from the boiler to thermostat, then of course common sense tells me the L and N come from the boiler.

For the others on here can I ask a final question. I presume that it is ok to take the L and N connection for the heating controls from where the fused spur wire connects into the boiler?

I'm confused.... Is that not what i said in my post?

As for the incorrect info... You stated "common sense tells me to take the L and N from the boiler"... wether or not "your common" sense tells you that the manual states different.

As for the "abusive" part... Muppet is hardly an abusive term, you slated the manual off when the diagrams are nice and clear! So there for the term muppet was highly appropriate i think! :D

As for the receiving thanks part. i am sure in time i will get thanks from people who genuinely are stuck and not the case where the can't be bothered to read or understand a manual! This is indeed a help forum however if people cannot read or understand a wiring diagram then there is no help available there!

To sum up

1. Read the manual before saying its rubbish
2. Don't try and ask a question, then upon receiving a reply say thank you and also that i am giving incorrect advice?!?
3. Take the time to read the manual again
4. Don't listen to your "common sense" it clearly isn't that bright!
5. Don't bother trying to come back with a witty remark to this becuase i am the proud owner of 1001 work related witty insults and come backs!

Good day sir

You don't get the L and N feed directly from the boiler for the thermostat. If you took the time to read the manual diagrams instead of slating the manual off you would clearly see that you take the L and N feed for the stat from the fuse spur and run a single switched live to the 230v control board. Don't go blaming manuals when you haven't been a***d to read the damn thing muppet

Well I would like to say thank you but I shall refrain.
I see you have only recently joined and have zero thanks - I suspect it will stay that way.

Thanks in advance. ;)

Yes recently joined and so far zero thanks...still better than 7 months and nothing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back