Glow Worm econ 40:burner run for 5mins ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After the enevitable start up after the summer my system has the following problem:-

we have an old style pumped system with hot water tank. A local plumber looked at the fault and just said it a wiring fault and left. The system had run okay for 6/8 years with no issues so i doubted the advice but then set about tracing the system.

I've swapped the y valve and replaced the pump.

The the pump runs okay on the cyl stat and the burner fires from cold. but only runs for about 5 mins. ive checked the over heat sensor on the outlet and the cct is made. The solenoid is energised and the thermostat in the boiler seems to switch okay

i now suspect the gas valve which must have some kind of flow sensor

I assume that fitting a new gas valve, is a Corgi fitted product just looking for some intelligent comments for a vaguely technical DIYer

i do have the orginal service manual with the Gas Council parts lists
:evil:

Sponsored Links
Maybe some other blockage restricting the flow

Flow sensor in the gas valve ?

I doooooont think so

thanks for the comment

okay but the hot water gets upstatis to the hw tank it just shuts down after 5 mins. I suspected the flow when i changed the pump. How do i check water flow at the boiler? the pipes are stashed away is the flow sensor on the valve or in the boiler housing ?

Sorry raden just re-read your comment

My assumption was that ther was some kind of flow sensor

the logic was this :-

Pump runing

thermostat made, solenoid energised

thermal cut out Made (fail safe I assume)

just looking a reason for the burner to fire initially and then shut down

Sponsored Links
Problem sorted:

Got local man: R+B plumbing and heating put a new valve and all is rosy. Still not sure as to why the origianl valve would only run for 5 mins (solenoid stil energised and not overheating) but everthing is toastie now.

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back