Glow worm ultimate 30ff no heat no h/w all neon lights off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The other day we stopped getting heating from our boiler. As the water worked I tried replacing the thermostat as a quick first check and everything worked fine.

I took the thermostat off again to secure it to the wall however I must have wired it wrong the second time as I shorted the system. (clever!)

I retripped the fuse box, but the timer wouldn't work and had a flashing light. I switched the fuse in the socket that you switch on the timer with and the timer now works, however whilst the timer now works there is zero power to the thermostat and none of the nean fault finding lights come on on the boiler.

The manual says for neon 1 not coming on either mains supply fault or pcb fuse. I can only see 2 fuses and these look OK, so I'm a bit confused. All the appliances and sockets seem to work also so it doesn't seem to be a mains issue either. Very confused.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks Andy

Sponsored Links
do you have a multi-meter and know how to use it?
I would suspect you've fried the programmer.

no multi meter I'm afraid.

A programmer sounds expensive!

To add, I've just noticed that when I switch the timer back on at the socket neon light 1 flashes on for just a moment. Don't know if that means anything?

I really think you gonna need a pro. without a meter and the know how it could take some time to sort and I'm sure you wouldn't want to buy parts that are not needed.

Sponsored Links
cheers for the replies. If I can get a multi meter (I have a builder / electrician neighbour) what would I need to check before calling in someone?

Anything to help save time and narrow done the likely problem would help as I lost my job last month so I could really do without the cost.

Thanks Andy

first you need to identify the room stat wires and make absolutely sure it is wired correctly.

definately wired correctly, just no power to it any more. I've managed to confirm that the live to it is dead. As the timer works I know the fuse is OK in it and as the other sockets are working I'm sure the fuse in the main fuse box is OK too. this is why I'm assuming the fault lies in the boiler electrics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back