Glow worm Ultimate 50FF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have a Glow worm Ultimate 50FF which I had serviced in November 2010 and has been working fine since then.
When I switch it on the radiator pump runs but the boiler is not firing up.
The flue fan is not running. As I understand the diagram on the inside cover it should run (activating the air pressure switch) before it will attempt to light.
I opened the PCB cover and there is no power on the terminals feeding the fan. Both fuses are ok. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Andy

Sponsored Links
If what you have posted is true, you have a failure with the programmer, wiring or room / cly stat fault.

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
I bet 45yeargasman is spot on here. The pump is (or should be) fed from the boiler for the pump overrun so if it'd overheated you'd get this problem. I can't remember where the button is though :rolleyes:

Does your pump get it's live from the boiler ?

I believe the pump does get it's live feed from the boiler.

When I switch on (at the timer) two neons light up on the PCB and the live terminals get 240v.

When I mentioned the flue fan not getting any power I get about 5v AC but I assumed it would be a 240v fan.

if the o/h stat is ok the next thing on the list is the boiler thermostat, check that you have 230v between 3 and neutral and that there is continuity across the stat.

The 3rd neon not lit indicates a fan/air pressure switch proving fault according to fault finding chart.As these are in the combustion chamber I would get professionally checked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back