glow worm 50ff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, unfortunately I have a glow worm micron 50ff, the pcb and thermistor have both been replaced together but i still have no ignition. It sounds like it is trying to spark and i can smell gas out of the flue when the fan runs. The fan runs and stops three times then I have a sequence of ignition lockout 8hz. Any ideas where to go with this problem now ? Appreciate any help. Thanks. Simon.

Sponsored Links
I would think it's electrode shorting or out of alignment, if you can smell gas then the APS is working. Not a DIY job i'm afraid.

thanks for your fast replies, not sure how to check the air pressure switch. only to see if the air tubes are secure, is there any way of checking if the electrode is sparking. I have had another listen and it doesnt seem to be sparking. The boiler was working until the pcb packed up, it looked like it had burnt out in one place underneath, after replacing thermistor and pcb it doesnt fire up at all ? cheers.

Sponsored Links
it was a loose connection on the electrode, now sorted. Thanks very much for all your help. Top lads. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back