Micron 50FF Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted a pcb to a glow worm micron 50FF due to the following:

Fan only starts up when spur fuse is switched off and then switched back on again. This happens even though the boiler control stat is switched off and then everything stops without firing. The led sequence points towards the thermistor led on left flashes slow led on right flashes fast. Both pcb's are the green light models.
The new pcb is showing the same led sequence though the fan does not even start this time . The new pcb has the turquoise spark unit fitted and I heard that the capacitor is not required with this pcb' can anyone confirm this please.
The jumper is on 1 and 2.
I am due to pick up a thermistor tomorrow as there was none avaiable today.

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Maybe teaching you to suck eggs but is the polarity correct?

ollski said:
Maybe teaching you to suck eggs but is the polarity correct?

Funny old saying that

1, you dont suck you blow

and 2 my nan had no idea how to do old wotsit

PS I agree bet polaroty is wrong or you have fitted the wrong board :)

Sponsored Links
Different boards on the Microns.

Different thermistors too.

Youve messed up big time.

David

No need to suck eggs, polarity correct, pcb correct. Thermistor resistance reading outside of ohms range. New thermistor fitted and everything working fine.
Many thanks to Corgigazza and the other guys who gave constructive advice.

Isn't this the thermistor with an unusual resistance of about 25K cold? As well as being different from any other boiler NTC !

Tony

is this boiler subject to a safety notice issued by the makers and listed on corgi site.
usually thermistor is faulty i have 9 of these in my van and loads of the newer pcb;s.
had lots of air pressure switches sticking on these boilers as well.
nice simple boilers though.

bob1960 said:
is this boiler subject to a safety notice issued by the makers and listed on corgi site.
usually thermistor is faulty i have 9 of these in my van and loads of the newer pcb;s.
had lots of air pressure switches sticking on these boilers as well.
nice simple boilers though.

only thoise installed after oct of last year bob are on the recall so many affects boony scoootland

:)

The thermistors range is 2.5k ohms to 14k ohms for testing . The new thermistor was just below 14k ohms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back