Glow worm 50FF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a glow worm micron 50FF and it goes to ignition lock out with the left light on and the right light flashing. I have called glow worm engineer and they have replaced pcb board(3times) electrodes, air pressure switch and thermostat (twice). I also got a plumber to replace the gas value. The problem is still happening and is intermittent. There is nothing left to replace in the boiler!
Could it be something outside of the boiler such as the pump. Can anyone help me I am pulling my hair out with this system.

Sponsored Links
If an engineer has already been working on it, then why aren't they coming back to complete the work?

The fan hasn't been replaced yet. :D

They are coming back but each time they replace the board or thermostate and the same thing happens.

I can hear the fan. That is working perfectly.

:(

I am getting very fustrated with the system. Next step is to replace the lot with a new system but this will cost me alot of money.

Anyone in London uk want to take a look willing to pay if you can guarantee to fix it.

If Glow Worm have taken this on as a fixed price repair then surely you will be calling them to complete the repair.

Why did you get a plumber to replace the gas valve? Thats an expensive part to replace if its not faulty.

Boiler repairs involve correctly diagnosing the fault and then dealing with it not wildly changing parts!

Tony

Sponsored Links
could be the motorised valve. Can cause lockout on the pcb, but quite rare on later pcbs. If it is this i suspect you will have a 3port, as opposed to 2x 2port valves.

I have a three way port and the problem did start occur when I replaced the three way value. But I do have the latest PCB card on there. Would the three way port cause an ingnition lock out.

I replaced the gas vaule as i intially got a plumber in who said it was that. I then put it on a fixed price with Glowworm but after countless call outs they still cannot find the falt.

Any ideas. Maybe I should try changing the three way port value. It is a problem that is intermittent

ok, it is possible it is the 3 port valve. As i say its very rare, but i have had it on a new pcb, I would look at it as a last resort.
If its indicating an ignition fault and you've had all the parts fitted as you say, I'd also be checking the gas valve lead has good contact, and also another rare one is the wiring harness. You could just wire out the 3 port temporarily for a few days to test it.

Thinking of it it is probably not the motorised vaule. This locks out when only keep the system on hot water only

Thinking of it it is probably not the motorised vaule. This locks out when only keep the system on hot water only

The boiler has no idea if it's being called to heat the HW or CH it just get's called for "HEAT", so think about your statement above in regards to how a Y-Plan system is wired up.

You've had everything except the fan changed on what is a pretty damned simple boiler, and the problems only started when you changed the 3-port valve, and the problem remains after all those new parts.

the problem did start occur when I replaced the three way value

I think you should revisit your 3-port valve or pay someone to look at it for you.

If a Glow-Worm engineer has been out to it and the problem has not been resolved, Group Service need to be informed so that they can carry out further investigation.
By the sound of it, this could well be related to the gas supply rather than the appliance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back