glow worm 50 ff

Sponsored Links
Its not sensing flame correctly. A service should sort that out. Quite common on those boilers.

Yes but you need to get a GSR engineer in as rectification of the fault requires replacement of/working on gas safety critical components.

glow worm ultimate 50ff pilot lit electrode keeps sparking main burner will not light any ideas

in this order
1 - pcb fault
2 - HT lead discontinuity
3 - electrode not in pilot flame
4 - bad earthing / someone has interfered with the wiring

PCB is most likely - you do not need a gas fitter to do it for you if you can tie your own shoelaces

Sponsored Links
Yes but you need to get a GSR engineer in as rectification of the fault requires replacement of/working on gas safety critical components.

that is simply not true
I think it is.
This is a very common problem with these boilers, very seldom PCB.
EDIT:I hope this did not imply I agreed with raden. :eek:

pcb first my ar5e first would be rgi for dirty pilot (not strong enough) secondly lead and electrode and lastly board.

What a load of misinformation. namsag has got it spot on and, and diagnosis should follow those points.
in this order
1 - pcb fault

PCB is most likely - you do not need a gas fitter to do it for you if you can tie your own shoelaces

What a load of misinformation. namsag has got it spot on and, and diagnosis should follow those points.
in this order
1 - pcb fault

dirty pilot is covered by "electrode not in flame"
Ultimates, IIRC have a PTFE insulated HT lead and are not so prone to being faulty

so, TW and 45yearsold - would you care to to say how many ultimate boilers you've worked on in, say, the past year?

sort of order of magnitude, rule of thumb answer would be good enough

lets be generous and include micron 100 &120 boilers

Are you gassafe raden? , going by some of your posts I get the impression you don't really know much about boilers and their working principles , take the profile for instance , can you go into more detail other than 'the board senses a flame' , what does this mean? :confused:

so, TW and 45yearsold - would you care to to say how many ultimate boilers you've worked on in, say, the past year?

sort of order of magnitude, rule of thumb answer would be good enough

lets be generous and include micron 100 &120 boilers

Popular in Indonesia are they?

I wouldnt normally discuss gas faults but they've already been mentioned so no bother, and an idiot needs putting right.
No.1 fault, dirty pilot causing weak flame 90% of the time, even more common if its LPG. How many have I worked on i wonder? i used to work for glowworm so i would say at one point 9 or 10 a week.
pcb my ar*e. When the boards go more often than not they go pop, especially the 7 wire version.
If the ignition lead is faulty it wont spark in the right place full stop, usually cos the last donkey to service it nipped the lead with the case.

Talk about trying to drum up business does Raden not own a pcb refurbishing firm ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back