Country
United Kingdom
I've had an issue with my Glow Worm Ultimate 30FF gas boiler:

Pilot light ignites and stays lit
Pilot continues to spark after it is lit
The main burner does not light
Fan is audibly functioning
Pump appears to be functioning

Boiler was serviced by previous owner about 18 months ago and had been working over the past 12 months, up until a few days ago.

Could anyone give me any idea of what the issue might be?

Sponsored Links
The pilot is not being sensed by the electronic controller. This can be for several reasons, most of which require professional attention, as it will involve removal of the covers. No diy gas advice is allowed on the open forum.

I've no intention of trying to fix this myself. I would like to understand what the possible issues could be that cause it, as I'd like to be as informed as possible before calling a professional.

I've no intention of trying to fix this myself. I would like to understand what the possible issues could be that cause it, as I'd like to be as informed as possible before calling a professional.

You're not the only one that will read the advice. So even IF you aren't going to act on any advice, someone else might.

And besides. What use is being "informed" going to be? The professional won't want to be coached by you. If anything it will annoy him as he will want to crack on and get the job finished. This time of year the last thing we want is to be led on a wild goose chase by someone that has spent too much time on Google.

We have faaarrrr toooooo much to be getting done before the holidays.

Sponsored Links
What budget range could be reasonably expected for such a job based on the information I've provided?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back