Help Glow worm micron not lighting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
i have a glow worm micron 50ff which has decided to stop working (on the coldest night this year), the green led doesnt light up and boiler refuses to switch on.
any help please.

Sponsored Links
most likey a faulty pcb (assuming you are getting 240v switch live). Part 2000801990, glow worm will fix it for £215 01773 828100

Not had the front off yet, are there fuses inside as the only other one is in the main isolation switch which also gives power to ther control/settings switch which is fine.

£215 :cry: dont think the boiler cost that.

On another note, the boiler was an insurance replacement fitted around 2005 and has never worked proper from the start sometimes the heating wouldnt work when the water was set to come on at the same time other times it did and this is the first time this year that i've needed the heating, i complained to the insurance company at the time and also the boiler fitters butnothing was ever done, they didnt even fill in the warrenty info or commision the boiler.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Had the front off and fuse is ok and theres power to boiler, looked at pcb and it shows signs of corrosion.

Dangermouse: the part number you have stated differs from the part number on the board is it an updated pcb, 2000227134.

Seen a few pcb boards on ebay quite cheap should i risk it.

I'm no pcb expert, but that doesn't look too healthy :rolleyes:

Your other problem from new sounds more like the heating system/boiler has not been wired up correctly, or maybe a faulty zone valve was left inplace to save money.

Make sure you pick up the right board, I think there are 3 different versions. Usually the thermistor which buggers up the board and they need replacing together although on yours I would be investigating where the water has come from to damage the board.

rainwater ingress thru the flue or a leaking h/exch causes your problem. Is there a slope on flue back into the boiler? There shouldn't be.

Replaced pcb and thermistor at a cost of £235 fitted, could not find any signs of water ingress, next time will buy of ebay and fit myself, engineer was here all of 20 mins.
New board looks completely different with more relays and resistors hopefully now sorted and will last longer.

Replaced pcb and thermistor at a cost of £235 fitted, could not find any signs of water ingress, next time will buy of ebay and fit myself, engineer was here all of 20 mins.
New board looks completely different with more relays and resistors hopefully now sorted and will last longer.

you could of got glow worm out for £215 fixed price and had a years warranty with it. (and would've been much quicker as they carry those parts on the van). :rolleyes:

you could of got glow worm out for £215 fixed price and had a years warranty with it. (and would've been much quicker as they carry those parts on the van). :rolleyes:

Went onto glowworm website and couldnt find any price info so the wife contacted an heating engineer who also teaches corgi at the college where she works thinking we would get a proper job done at a descent price.
Lesson learnt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back