Glow Worm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a glow worm micron 50FF boiler and the flu is right where I want to put a conservatory. I heard you can extend the flu so it basically extracts out the roof of a conservatory but can't find any info on it, glow worm technical is a premium rate number hence my post here, some pics of one would be good just so I know what im letting myself in for.

Paul

Sponsored Links
i think you will find the flueing options for the micron quite limited, gloworm are the people to speak to in the absence of an installation manual.

Don't know about premium rate number but try this 01773 828300. Dont know about type of flue you are needing though.

ah nice one I rang a different number and they said call 0906 bla bla

will give them a try tomorrow

Sponsored Links
One of the reasons i would not use any manufacturer for any product there just ripping people off, but in Glow worms respect i wouldn't have another if they offered me one for free only two companies i dont respect and one is Glow-worm

Saunier Duval used to have a premium rate number for RGIs to call for ( poor ) technical advice. they are now owned by Glowworm!

I have consistently avoided their products and shared my feelings and the warning that earlier models always leak!

Unfortunately you are stuck with GW and it might be time to chabge your boiler for another make??? At least you would get improved condensing efficiency.

The best boiler manufacturer would have an 0800 number for RGIs but as far I am not aware of any which do. The next best thing is an 01... number.

Does anyone know the 01582 number for Heatline?

Tony

Sorry Tony. Will have to disagree on the 0800 numbers. I want them all to have standard exchange landline numbers so when calling from mobile at customers in front of appliance it doesn't cost me anything. It's all in your contract minutes! Mobiles charge for 0800's :mad:

Agile said:
Saunier Duval used to have a premium rate number for RGIs to call for ( poor ) technical advice. they are now owned by Glowworm!

I have consistently avoided their products and shared my feelings and the warning that earlier models always leak!

Unfortunately you are stuck with GW and it might be time to chabge your boiler for another make??? At least you would get improved condensing efficiency.

The best boiler manufacturer would have an 0800 number for RGIs but as far I am not aware of any which do. The next best thing is an 01... number.

Does anyone know the 01582 number for Heatline?

Tony

Tony... whilst I appreciate your crusade for condensing appliances, I cannot agree with removing a proven cast iron heat exchanger boiler.

Microns have their faults like any other appliance, but once the poor pcb has been replaced with the upgrade, you have a great boiler if installed on a clean system.

David

Orange dont charge for 0800 numbers ;) I called plumb base and they said you cant extend the flu on any glow worm boiler, that buggers my plans then

[quote="Soggy_weetabix
Tony... whilst I appreciate your crusade for condensing appliances, I cannot agree with removing a proven cast iron heat exchanger boiler.
[/quote]

I dont really have a crusade for condensing boilers but in a case like this when flue parts are not permitted or are unavailable then a new boiler is the only feasible solution.

Now this may make you laugh David !

During 1996 I went with workmate during the lunch hour to buy his Glowworm condensing boiler.

It has languished in his garage for 11 years !!! During this time his gas boiler has been out of use because its flued to the INSIDE of his new conservatory.

Last week he emailed to say that at last he has UNPACKED it !!!

I did not have the heart to tell him that I have a SCRAPPED one in our store! Maybe I will tell him next week at the ex-BBC engineers lunch though!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back