Glow-Worm Micron 50FF Reset Fault Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Im looking for advice on a Glow-Worm Micron 50FF which the boiler locks out with the reset light on. It appears to run problem free from resetting the control knob until it reaches temperature then locks out, illuminating the reset neon.
I have changed the overheat stat and the thermistor and the problem still persists. The pump is running fine and there is good flow through the boiler. Has anybody experience of this problem?
I look forward to a positive response, thank you.

Sponsored Links
Yuo have already done more than is allowable for a DIY repair!!
in that you have removed the Sealed Combustion box !!!

You must get a Registered Gas Safe Engineer to carry any repair that involves gas pipes or appliances (where that repair would involver gas work as defined in the Gas Safety & Use Regulations currently in force ;)

Hi, I am a 'Gas Safe Registered' Engineer. The overheat stat was changed whilst checking it for continuity, as removing the spades pulled the old one in bits. The thermistor read between 10-12k ohms at ambient air temp whilst out of the dry pocket (which is a correct reading) but i suspected there maybe some unreliability when subject to heat. So this was replaced with the updated version. The problem still persists and i wondered if anyone else has had a similar issue with this boiler.

Sponsored Links
If you register your gsr details, and post in the combustion chamber you will get an answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back