Boiler Resets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I have a boiler (Glow worm Micron 50ff). its 1y old, For the past 6months, the boiler goes on to reset every morning. It was under guarantee but they did not find a cure. The radiator downstairs need to bleed everyday, its so fustrating, please help. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Micron pcb's are very temperamental if you called glowworm while u/g they should have changed it but if you called back installer he probably was unaware & maybe fobbed you off bleeding rad constantly is not a boiler problem i would suspect air entrainment due to incorrect position of cold feed (installation fault). If you get your gas from b.g. they will do a fixed price repair for about £132 in parts & lobour (1 fault only) but at least pcb will be cured

Thanks for the reply.

Your diangnosis makes a lot of sense. The boiler and the tanks are both situated in the loft. On the first instance Gloworm did change a chip(motherboard) in the boiler which didnt cure much.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'pcb'?

I'm not too sure if I want to call British Gas and pay £130 as I've spent £1800 already just 12 months ago (£1500 from warmfront grant scheme). And no one seems to be able to find the fault. They just blame each other. Gloworm say its installation and J&L National energy (installers) say its boiler. :evil:

I'd rather try and fix it myself if its possible than talk to these cowboys.

Someone also mentioned that there maybe a leak in the system if its filling up with air frequently, Is that a possiblility? Although I cant seem to find one, unless it's somewhere under the floorboards.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Sponsored Links
A boiler noesn't normally RESET because of a bit of air being brought in. That's likely to be pcb, which should be covered by the G'tee. Moan louder?? You need details.on what GW is saying is wrong with the installation. Even if your gtee has expired - they didn't fix it so the claim is still live.

Printed Circuit Board is the board - has chips on it but they aren't changeable. There's no Motherboard as such.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back