Glow-worm Ultracom 1 30cxi - Openthem Nest OTC sensors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can the OTC1 & OTC2 connections on the Ultracom 1 30cxi be used to connect to the OT1 & OT2 on the google nest heat link in order to enable openthem?

The boiler engineer who fixed a few issues for me previously has installed the system but only connected the boiler using the on/off functionality. And there is currently no wiring utilising the OT1 or OT2 on the heatlink. I've called glow worm and they seem to think it may work but were a little hesitant.

Does anyone know if this will work? Also if this is possible can someone suggest the wires i will need to use to do this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 15.39.27.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 15.39.27.png
    930.7 KB · Views: 255
  • Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 15.52.57.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 15.52.57.png
    2 MB · Views: 224
Sponsored Links
Ide say no as Glow-worm is Vaillant and they use similar ebus, not opentherm.

There is a ebus<>opentherm board that works on vaillant from netherlands and I think there is the same for glowworm but under another name.

Okay thanks

so if I’m using the 0020036768 opentherm module awb. As suggested on the my boiler site.

Will the set up be

heatlink ot1 and ot2 > module > ebus interface on the boiler?

Or does it connect directly to the PCB?

So
heatlink ot1 and ot2 > module > Pcb?

Sponsored Links
I've not seen module but normally the module will have its own connections as ebus and opentherm specs are different. There could be a proprietary interface or goes via ebus, I do not know.

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-20_19-27-35.png
    upload_2021-1-20_19-27-35.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 142
The OTC connections are for Outdoor Temperature (IE weather) Compensation, not OpenTherm

Okay thanks

so if I’m using the 0020036768 opentherm module awb. As suggested on the my boiler site.

Will the set up be

heatlink ot1 and ot2 > module > ebus interface on the boiler?

Or does it connect directly to the PCB?

So
heatlink ot1 and ot2 > module > Pcb?
Hi Thpin,

Did you eventually install this and get it working?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back