gloworm 65-80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having trouble with my gloworm65-80, The pilotl ight has gone out.So i have been lighting,then once it is lite,i press down the ff pilot button to release i hold it for 30 seconds or more,at this stage everything looks fine ,but once i release it it goes out .Can any1 tell me what the problem is, i am now awaiting british gas,i am in their homecare plan ,but my gloworm 65-80 is 25 years old ,i keep getting told that their cant get parts, i just dont want them to conn me into a new sytem. i need advise asap

Sponsored Links
It probably just needs a thermocouple which is readily available.
If you need a gas valve, some of the GW ones are indeed not available - at least not easily.

ChrisR";p="878212 said:
If you need a gas valve, some of the GW ones are indeed not available - at least not easily.[/quote

I dont think it would be a con to advise you to think about gettig a 25 year old boiler replaced.

Sponsored Links
biggins";p="878310 said:
If you need a gas valve, some of the GW ones are indeed not available - at least not easily.[/quote

british gas have just been ,he put a thermocouple in clean it all up,it is working ok , he has put a at risk sticker on because he said that the burners were cracked,and that i should switch it off,he then told me that a new heating sytem wolud cost me £3,500, i think he was on commisson, i said ,i think about it ,but it is working perfect why are the cracked burners a risk

cracked burners mean it wont burn properly so you have a greatly increased chance of getting carbon monoxide. i think he should have disconnected it so that you cant use it.
time for a new boiler I think.
ps BG engineers are not on commission

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back