Gloworm EnergySaver 50e Condenser Boiler - Small Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have located the leak to the very bottom of the "flame chamber" it is below the flame grill in the little ledge underneath (it is not directly exposed to flames, but still must get pretty hot in there).
Any idea what sealant can be used, as I don't really want to go the blow torch route?

Sponsored Links
i hate these boilers i changed the 2 heat exchangers before learning it was the water cooled burner that god, i'd recommend a replacement too

Not willing to splash out on a new burner, this can be fixed using the right product. can anyone recommend an appropriate sealant?

Sponsored Links
timmy74 said:
how do you know it can be fixed using right product

i'm just guessing that there must be a sealant resistant to high temperatures. i will apply it, if the leak stops then it's fixed. why spend hundreds of pounds on parts and labour before trying that first?

I have changed a lot of water cooled burners and have never sealed the leak I think it is impossible.

I would order the new burner.
Electode as these sometimes break when removing.
2 new washers for the 1st heat exchanger as it is easier to remove the burner whilst still attached to this.

The 2 screws holding the burner at the back might have to be drilled off depending how corroded they are.

You might want to consider changing the boiler unless you know a CORGI man who is confident in doing this.

Andsam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back