Gloworm Spacesaver fan obselete?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just had the fan pack up on our Gloworm Spacesaver 40-50 RF boiler GC number 41-313-88.

and have been told that this model is now obselete and you cant buy spares for it!

So I'm just double checking that this is the case :( Is there an aftermarket fan we can buy for this boiler or can the fan be repaired?

Don't really want to buy a new boiler because of a broken fan, though the boiler is the original one with the house ( I think ) and thats 25 odd years old!!

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Who told you it was obsolete?

Did he also quote you for a new boiler?

Tony

Who told you it was obsolete?

Did he also quote you for a new boiler?

Tony

it was a boiler spares stockist. Says last time he sold a fan for one of these was 2008. Didnt mention a boiler replace quote - dont think they do that kind of work anyway...

So you have been doing illegal gas work opening your boiler's combustion chamber?

I expect a competent boiler engineer would be able to find a repair solution!

Tony

Sponsored Links
So you have been doing illegal gas work opening your boiler's combustion chamber?

No.

Are these fans obsolete or can they be repaired does anyone know?

Luckily we have a gas fire in the lounge so there is at least one warm room in the house.....

brrrrr

Yes they are available.
Get a different engineer.

Found one in about 60 seconds looking on the internet.

Call in BG, some would disagree :LOL:

British Gas still stock the fan. I'd be surprised if a private engineer couldn't find one.

thanks for the info guys, thats all I wanted to know. Mind you I seem to spend half my life on google and I couldnt find one!

Sometimes I think people put too much blind faith in computer systems - I bet the bloke I rang, punched in the info and got the answer he gave me. Much the same as when I went to a gas bottle depot today for a couple of catalytic gas heaters to be told that they had -1 in stock. I happened to look on a rack and saw one, told them and they then checked in the warehouse and lo and behold had another one. I wonder how much business these type of firms lose with such crap stock controls...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back