Another Ideal Classic FF250 fan thread.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I know there've been a few but all old and it might be frowned upon to piggy back on one of them.

The fan started squealing two days ago (it's been on there for a good number of years so not complaining) and looked it up to see where you could get one - I realise the boiler's not exactly modern.

There's no shortage of fans advertised. In short I saw one on Amazon with the correct part number (111947) for around £50. It was sold by National Boiler Spares. I also rang the company and spoke to a very helpful lady who quoted something like £37 for a re-conditioned fan or just under £44 for a new (compatible) one. Both inc. next day delivery. I ordered it yesterday (Tuesday) at 9am and DPD delivered it today (Wednesday) at 10.30am. It's packed securely and looks OK It even came with a tube of Warmhouse high temp. silicon sealant. The company looks OK and answered the phone straight away and seemed kosher.

Have to admit, up to now I've been impressed.

It's being fitted tomorrow morning.

Have I missed something along the way here? You can still buy one for £200 or even £250 ... not entirely sure if you can still buy one which is the original Ideal part, maybe for £250 it is? Yet my compatible one cost peanuts and was delivered by a proper next day courier and looks properly put together. Should I expect it to last for a fortnight then explode?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Have I missed something along the way here? You can still buy one for £200 or even £250, yet my compatible one cost peanuts and was delivered by a proper next day courier. Should I expect it to last for a fortnight then explode?

The compatible, likely comes from the very same factory, same production line, it just never got Ideal's profit margin added on to it.

That's an encouraging reply, ta :). We live in hope, eh?

EDIT. I saw reference in other threads to four different types of fan being available for an FF250. . The invoice and the descriptions I've seen just refer to the number 111947, which the one quoted in the parts list in the manual. I have the GC number (308 536 ) and I have the SIFAN number in the manual (FFB 0221-027) . The new fans is marked SOHON.

Last edited:
That's an encouraging reply, ta :). We live in hope, eh?
I have an Ideal Minimiser with a fan by Sifan of Witney, Oxon. Don't know what they'd want for a new fan, but I broke the small plastic shaft-mounted cooling fan, and they posted me a replacement free. Never used it, still have it, as by that time I'd glued the broken one back on with epoxy. That was nearly 20 years ago. They also sent me some push-on circlips free.

Sponsored Links
I apprediate this thread hasn't been exactly over subscribed to but it seems only polite to finish it off by saying the fan was fitted to my Ideal Classic FF250 boiler yesterday.
Entirely uneventful .
The last one (a SIFAN ) lasted for many years and did well. Lets hope this one does half as well. For £44 I'm not complaining. and the service from the above mentioned spares supplier was superb.

I apprediate this thread hasn't been exactly over subscribed to but it seems only polite to finish it off by saying the fan was fitted to my Ideal Classic FF250 boiler yesterday.
Entirely uneventful .
The last one (a SIFAN ) lasted for many years and did well. Lets hope this one does half as well. For £44 I'm not complaining. and the service from the above mentioned spares supplier was superb.
OK thanks, I might be glad of the supplier's name if mine ever fails.

I was certainly impressed. And if you look on Streetview it shows they have substantial premises ( right next to the River Tyne.)

I won't mention their name again as it sounds like I work for them but it's in my opening post (but don't confuse them with other companies with similar sounding names, this lot are in North Tyneside).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back