Looking for a fan (not assembly) for Ideal classic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Ive an ideal classic NF 50 that I have recently gotten up and running thanks to you guys!
Anyway when i opened it up originally there was a broken fan with only one blade left on it...this is NOT the flu fan...it is a fan that cools the windings on the fan motor.
I have the MI's but the fan doesnt appear to be listed as a part other than the complete fan assembly.
Anyone know where i might pick one of these up as the last impeller fell off the other day and the motor is getting no cooling and i fear it may burn out causing expense.
Cheers,
Marty.

Sponsored Links
Any parts supplier will supply these, Parts center do them about £3 ;)

Cheers for that...genuinely didnt think id be able to get one that easy, ill ring the local crowd tomorrow.
Cheers,
Marty.

Quite often they will call them Baxi fans, but all fit the same.

I always carry 2 or 3 in my van as classics tend to need one every service :cry:

Sponsored Links
On some models the end fan has been left off on replacement parts.

The main cooling is from the much larger impeller on the shaft between motor and body.

Tony

Thanks Guys,
Surely pick one up so easy enough..it has a 6 mil internal diameter.
Would a baxi one do...theres a baxi dealer quite near me here you see.
Cheers,
MArty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back