Glowworm Bolier F9 Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone enlighten me what F9 means, I keep getting a fault on my boiler...is it to do with water pressure?

Any ideas, help, suggestions.....

Sponsored Links
F9 is a rather generic fault code in many cases so although loosely related to pressure/circulation it could be indicating the onset of diverter valve breakdown.
If you can, remove the DV, disassemble and clean it, lubricate with silicone grease, reassemble and replace.
I have also seen F9 showing when the fan was shot, changing the fan sorted the problem (you would need an RGI to do this).

Sponsored Links
Its a generic fault usually something on the low voltage side. The boiler has locked out, but doesnt know why it did it. Im not a lover of glowworm software - way too sensitive.

If you can, remove the DV, disassemble and clean it, lubricate with silicone grease, reassemble and replace.

Divertor Valve? Most of my f9's have been on Heat only's, not Combi's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back