glowworm flexicom 30cx,leak from sump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a glowworm flexicom 30cx,it has a leak coming from sump under heat exchanger,question is does this sump have a drain hole ,right hand side towards back,as this is where water from condence comes out,any answers,thanks,this happens now and again,no pressure loss,

Sponsored Links
sounds like either your condensate is leaking or you are getting rain water intake through your flue , is there any pattern as to when this happens ? i.e. weather or when the boiler is just switched on or has been on for a while ?

sounds like either your condensate is leaking or you are getting rain water intake through your flue , is there any pattern as to when this happens ? i.e. weather or when the boiler is just switched on or has been on for a while ?

the flue has plume kit on,and has worked ok for a number of years,the condence is not leaking has i have remove and cleaned,the sump under heat exchanger,which condence trap is connected left side.the leak appears right hand side,from what looks like drain hole,if condence is coming back into fluepassing down into sump below heat exchanger and into condence trap.why would there be hole in sump where condence runs into trap,strange

Sponsored Links
There was a fault with these boilers,if you call the makers & give them the serial number they should be able to tell you if its one of the boilers concerned.

thanks,the boiler has been installed for 3yrs.had know previus problem,as i have installed many of these,ijust cannot under stand why there is a hole in the sump.

There was a fault with these boilers,if you call the makers & give them the serial number they should be able to tell you if its one of the boilers concerned.

Rubbish! Perforation of the sump is caused by badly adjusted gas valves, firing with an incomplete flue or a dry siphon. The fault you are referring to was noisy ignition on the old straight sided heat exchanger, it now curves like an agg timer.

However! The boiler should be turned off as products of combustion will be mixing with the air intake!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back