Glowworm micron 50ff ignition lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My micron 50 ff, has 3 attempts at lighting, it appears to light and goes off does this 3 times then the reset light stays on perm and the burner light flashes fast, im led to belive that this code means ignition lockout but how do i fix this fault?????

Sponsored Links
My micron 50 ff, has 3 attempts at lighting, it appears to light and goes off does this 3 times then the reset light stays on perm and the burner light flashes fast, im led to belive that this code means ignition lockout but how do i fix this fault?????

have you one of the newer green pcb's fitted? if you have a yellow/beige one it's new pcb time.

i fitted a new pcb about 3 months ago, ive had a look at it and there is a white residue at the base of a blue block behind the control knob, ive rubbed this off and the track seems to be in one piece

Could be the gas valve and/or harness. These have been problematic. Are you an RGI? If not call glow worm 01773 828100

Sponsored Links
I had a similar fault with my Micron 70ff boiler and research suggested that the ignition electrode has been modified to overcome this problem.

The modified part has a twin electrode whereas earlier models were single electrode. Correct spark gap is also important.

It worked for me so good luck.

Also newer PCB's have green LED's and should be more reliable

Make sure the earth lead from the burner to the pcb is connected properly as these can cause problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back