Ignition lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Glowworm micron 50ff normally works fine but recently it have failed with the Reset light on and Burner light flashing fast.

I understand that this means Ignition Lockout, but can anyone tell me what that means, what causes it and how to cure it.

If is turn off and back on it works fine. but a few days later it is in the same error msg again.

Many thanks

Bob

Sponsored Links
It means that the boiler has failed to detect a flame. Usually this occurs when the boiler tries to light but sometimes can occur when the boiler is running.

There are several different causes but as they are gas/safety related they need a competent CORGI to diagnose the problem.

Tony

Ignition Lockout can mean different things:
1 Burner failed to light (can me problems with the gas valve or igniter, had a boiler once that the igniter lead was shorting out and sparking to the case not at the burner)
2 Flame failure when burner working (sometimes the sense lead can be dirty or loose)
3 Loss of flow from exhaust fan (can be air pressure switch going dodgy or loose wires again.
4 Can also be going to lockout on the overheat thermostat (low flow rate etc)

Really you should be getting a CORGI engineer to look at it, not the sort of thing to play with.
Regards
Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back