Glowworm Xtramax still causing issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have posted about this before but we have just let it ride for a while as the heating wasn't used so much in our epic summer.

However, yesterday I chose to clear out the cupboard where the boiler lives and spotted a few things.

The original thread is here (https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/glowworm-xtramax.484006/) and that outlines the symptoms we are having but will run through it again.

So, Glowworm Xtramax Combi boiler.......heating the house just fine, producing hot water just fine........until this happens.

20180826_120150.jpg

I can recreate the fault now fairly easy. If i simply run the hot water tap just until the heating kicks in and then turn it off, the heating keeps running for a few seconds, after which it does this.

Clearing out the cupboard revealed some staining from what looks to be dirty brown water that has, at some stage come from the left of the boiler unit. I did not see any fresh liquid, just dried.

20180826_120154.jpg

The wall is also soaked behind the tundish and I observed a constant drip when the heating is running. There must have been a lot of water here at some stage or maybe this is just from splashes?

20180826_120156.jpg

Would appreciate any thoughts guys as we hope to get this sorted before the cold weather.

Regards
Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back