Glowwworm 18 HXI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon people, early finish for me today.

Just a quick post for some advice.

Glowworm 18 HXI, leaking condensate inside boiler. Having checked the syphon, tubing, connections etc, i found the flue condensate seal behind the HE leaking when condensing.

I have orrdered a few bits and obvioulsy the seal and flue adaptor.

Has anyone replaced the seal before and any hints/tips on refitting?

Have only ever taken the fan, gas valve, burner out on service/repair.

Looks straightforward to take HE out, flow/return unions and 3 securing clamps. Any tips appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It's the straightforward no problem jobs i worry about the most! :evil:

Sponsored Links
Gas2air would you mind emailing me (in profile), got a few questions regarding the hxi. you seem pretty good with em! ;)

rob

Gas2Air said:
Afternoon people, early finish for me today.

Just a quick post for some advice.

Glowworm 18 HXI, leaking condensate inside boiler. Having checked the syphon, tubing, connections etc, i found the flue condensate seal behind the HE leaking when condensing.

I have orrdered a few bits and obvioulsy the seal and flue adaptor.

Has anyone replaced the seal before and any hints/tips on refitting?

Have only ever taken the fan, gas valve, burner out on service/repair.

Looks straightforward to take HE out, flow/return unions and 3 securing clamps. Any tips appreciated.

Its fine as long as you are replacing the second edition seal which has a flange that sits inside the h/e as well as up against it where as the old version just sat against it.
Problem was that if the boiler was on a wall that wasnt level then they leak.
You need to make sure it also has the bracket across the plastic rear assy were it meets the inner flue
If you dont have the second edition back plate then you will need the back condesate collector and the seal

Stan

rob884 said:
Gas2air would you mind emailing me (in profile), got a few questions regarding the hxi. you seem pretty good with em! ;)

rob

I would but how do i do that then?

on the main page where it lists last poster in blue! links to profile and email. thanks

oops :oops: hotmail accounts been deactivated, for some reason i cant use my normal email on this site. ill get on to it and get back to ya in a bit.

cheers!

lol, i was thinking that.

right my mums got the 30 hxi (im assuming theyre the same as 18 )
occasionally getting error code f4 failing to light, it sparks apparantley.

also inside the ignition lead is always moist with condensation and seeing as its resting against casing its corroded all the seals! any ideas

basically how easy are these boilers to pull apart! ive never really had a proper look, think i might give it a good service but remember reading that the burner seal needs replacing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back