Goldberg- why ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you offer up critic, but without offering your 'learned' suggestions as a better alternative ?

I'm sure that you post for little reason other that to annoy, perplex or berate.

So here's an opportunity for you to pass on your more comprehensive learning's and teachings to both myself and anyone else that might be interested.

You have made negative remarks, you have slighted my responses in the following posts (I'm sure there's more)- please expand on your remarks.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=189955

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=189828

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=189822

If you choose not to do so then I'll accept that as a true gauge of your abilities to do little other than be condescending and generally unhelpful.
A forum is meant to be an area where wisdom and learning can be passed on- so for once please try to offer something beyond monosyllabic
responses.
[/url]

Sponsored Links
Oh come on - the same is tolerated from BAS. But then he's really earned a kind of tenure :).

Goldberg is just a little more... distilled.

Come to think of it... I've seen a few genuinely uncondescendingly helpful posts from BAS recently. Perhaps he's split himself into two personalities, one quite agreeable, and one (called Goldberg) for all the smug arrogance?

:LOL: :LOL: :p

I would agree comments like "Your wrong" do not help without some qualifying statement to say why it is wrong.

But I looked at the three links and although with one he may have been a little off. Looking at the comments I would not have even bothered answering.

10mm cable for a 10.5W shower is silly. Must be a power shower but even with a power shower I would have though the pump is in 100's of watts not 10's. I will guess they meant to write KW not W but to assume can be dangerous.

Now referring to fans on 1mm cable then to have over 1.5KW fan so two would overload cable is unlikely.

I consider saying "No you can't" to any DIY person without saying why is useless. You need to look at how to get around a problem not why you can't do it and I am sure Goldberg will come around in time.

I cringe every time I see you can't do that because of Part P. Far better to say because of Part P to DIY with that is not economically viable. It is really saying same thing but in a way where the DIY person is likely to take more notice.

The exception is when people ask can I do this and comply with regulations then I can see "No" could be the right answer.

Sometimes I am temped to answer "Yes" but if you do you are likely to end up in jail! When someone asks a daft question.

We can't stop anyone doing things daft on here all we can do is point them to a better option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back