Got an email from Easyjet...

Perfectly reasonable. Nobody has been out to ours since October 2019. There must be many in the same position. Pretty sure some maintenance wouldn’t be out of order. It won’t exactly be a holiday though so why not?
Not a holiday?

Why not get some locals in to check out the place instead?

Sponsored Links
There is a 'stanley johnson' loophole...

"An exemption dubbed the “Stanley Johnson clause” allowing people to travel overseas in connection to second homes abroad is to be included in new coronavirus rules.
The legislation, which could see people leaving England for a foreign holiday left facing a £5,000 fine, will allow trips for the “purchase, sale, letting or rental of a residential property”.

"The legislation gives an exemption for “preparing a residential property to move in” or “to visit a residential property to undertake any activities required for the rental or sale of that property”.

Now I wonder who made sure that clause was included? :rolleyes:
Its not unreasonable to allow people with second homes to visit them to prepare them for sale or other activities associated with them not being able to use them for a holiday.

Otherwise you've trapped those people into the costs a second home with no way of mitigating or selling those homes.

I take it you assume that if you have a second home you must be rich and you should just accept the financial pain. I also take it that you assume that people will abuse the right right to visit those homes to have a holiday when those who haven't got second homes don't have a rule to abuse that allows them to have a holiday?

Its not unreasonable to allow people with second homes to visit them to prepare them for sale or other activities associated with them not being able to use them for a holiday.

Otherwise you've trapped those people into the costs a second home with no way of mitigating or selling those homes.

I take it you assume that if you have a second home you must be rich and you should just accept the financial pain. I also take it that you assume that people will abuse the right right to visit those homes to have a holiday when those who haven't got second homes don't have a rule to abuse that allows them to have a holiday?
Succinctly put, bravo.

No doubt you will shortly branded another village idiot or and or i shall be too.

Im pretty sure Ellal would consider it a necessary price to pay for being british and having money.

Sponsored Links
This morning...

"Get ready to check in for THIS summer"

"Turn those summer daydreams into reality"

Funnily enough they can't have spotted that the dictatorship that is controlling the UK has decided that...

Foreign holidays will be ILLEGAL from Monday: New Covid laws mean £5,000 fines for anyone leaving the UK without 'reasonable excuse'

Maybe the email was aimed at those with second homes.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/covid-travel-ban-second-home-rules-b1821021.html

EDIT - I see this was already mentioned further down the thread.

Last edited:
Back