Got to drain a Gledhill Gulfstream tomorrow - any advice?

G

Goldspoon

It is open vented (header tank) and I need to change a downstairs rad. I understand it's a thermal store but have not seen behind the cover before.

Any tips? Do I just tie up the header and drain the full store?

On another note - on the rad drain valve ground floor the square nut is inside the part where you put the hosepipe fits - how's this work then? (how can you open this if you want a hosepipe on the end?)/

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
urgh a gulfstream, unlucky for you. :eek:

are you altering the rad pipework? if you are just changing the rad like for like then theres no need to drain the system/boiler, just the rad.

the drain cock you speak of is silly. just unscrew it a bit and jam a hose on quickly. :)

just turn off the water to the GS and drain through the rad.

dont look inside the GS your eyes may bleed. and it will certainly be failing an FGA test.

Sponsored Links
Turn your 2 rad valves off undo bleed screw fit hose pipe water wont come out till you turn valves back on. I use these all the time just that systems I use them on are pressurised so I get a little water comin out till pressures gone....

I think i would be cutting the heating pipes live and putting on a couple of ball-o-fix valves.

Would the choking off kit no work?

Not familiar with the Gledhill Gulfstream thou.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back