Gove announces Permit scheme for truckers wishing to enter Kent

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
500_F_193111316_HYdkPM0eqYVFnTFPvCwcZg5jWmNt1ko8.jpg

"Truck drivers will need a permit to enter Kent after the Brexit transition period ends, the government has said.

The announcement comes after a letter from cabinet minister Michael Gove warned that queues 7,000-trucks-long could clog up roads around the port of Dover and Channel Tunnel.

Cabinet Minister Michael Gove told the Commons on Wednesday that the permits could help avoid queues of up to 7,000 trucks seeking to cross the English Channel after the UK leaves the single market and customs union at the end of the year."

https://storage.googleapis.com/cdn....uploads/2020/09/b97454a9-rwdxzsoizk8syhmp.mp4

Sponsored Links
What was that claim about no internal borders?

Mind you I'd support having one all the way around Essex (!)

Sponsored Links
What's the difference between a plan and an omnishambles?

https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2F55f12e49-64f6-4212-984b-f86b81713d83.jpg

98 days.

"On the training of up to 50,000 new customs officers industry estimates will be needed to handle the increased paperwork, Mr Gove declined three times on Wednesday to say how many had actually been trained."

Kent gets it's own border? We lose NI and Scotland but gain Kent.

Kent needs an official name. It's the will of the Kentish!

Peoples Republic of Kent - main export -Gammon. :p

You can’t predict the future
There is no prediction needed.

drop of 20% in pound value
drop in 20% of foreign direct investment
£1trillion of assets moved out of UK
bear in mind these have already happened.......

And leaving the Single Market sets in stone a significant increase in costs and delays to trade with our largest trade partner

And the UK has lost almost every trade deal in the world leaving it weak and leaving it in position of having to accept any old trade deal.

perhaps you would like to explain which part I am claiming is a prediction......unless of course you mean Boris is going to try and extend the transition.

There is no prediction needed.

drop of 20% in pound value
drop in 20% of foreign direct investment
£1trillion of assets moved out of UK
bear in mind these have already happened.......

And leaving the Single Market sets in stone a significant increase in costs and delays to trade with our largest trade partner

And the UK has lost almost every trade deal in the world leaving it weak and leaving it in position of having to accept any old trade deal.

perhaps you would like to explain which part I am claiming is a prediction......unless of course you mean Boris is going to try and extend the transition.

You did this to us! Voting leave! How dare you come on here moaning about what you did!!! I was going to vote remain! It was only when I saw what a bunch of cockwombles the remain crowd were on DIYNOT that I voted leave!! Red Herring, John D, Noseal, Oohh Betty!! :ROFLMAO:

You did this to us! Voting leave! How dare you come on here moaning about what you did!!! I was going to vote remain! It was only when I saw what a bunch of cockwombles the remain crowd were on DIYNOT that I voted leave!! Red Herring, John D, Noseal, Oohh Betty!! :ROFLMAO:

please can you point out precisely which part of my post you consider to be "moaning".

It's just I am unclear how facts can be interpreted as moaning.

please can you point out precisely which part of my post you consider to be "moaning".

Well. You voted leave. The side you supported won. Brexit happened because people voted leave. You assisted this. Yet you spend most of your days, incessantly predicting doom because of Brexit, which you voted for. Facts are facts are facts. Most of your posts are "moaning". You are possibly the top doom merchant on this forum now. If it makes you feel better I'll refer to your constant, negative, downerism as "informing" how's that?
"Notch the cheerful, positive informer".

It seems sensible to stop those truckers who have not the correct paperwork to cross the channel from getting anywhere near the ferry port and just add to the lorry jams.

The plan is to blame the hauliers and looking at the response of the RWR on here its working.

https://theloadstar.com/fury-as-uk-...-predicted-brexit-chaos-on-logistics-sector/#

The UK government is “making villains of key workers” in logistics according to forwarders, as tensions between ministers and businesses rose to new levels this week.

Sponsored Links
Back