grandee oil boiler, water fine no heating!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone

we have a grandee oil boiler, and the oil level is fine, its recently been serviced, the water is heating fine but the central heating is not working.

being somewhat lacking in knowledge on these things i assume that means the boiler is working but not distributing the heated water through the system. ive gone through the manual and tried all the fault finding tips...

last week we had a radiator fall of the wall and a valve break,fixed now, but all the radiators arent working so i dont think this is relevant( thought i should mention in case im wrong lol)

id be very appreciative of any ideas- i am a layman though so please be clear :LOL:

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You've not described your system very clearly, some systems have a fully pumped system. ie for HW and CH. some use the pump only for CH.
I suspect if you've had a valve changed then the system has been drained and perhaps on re filling a air lock has been created.
Firstly is the pump running when you turn up the room stat? Have you bled the pump? Do you have any motorised valves? if so how many and what type.
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
This is a common problem with grandee, you also don't say whether or not it's the wall mounted or floor standing boiler, it could be a number of things you also haven't said if your system is "pressurised" (i.e a dial on the front with numbers on it) or gravity fed (small tank in loft) some of the grandee boilers have a " hydraulic" actuator on it, i'll need more info before i can help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back