Gravity airlock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had to take radiator off and bleed all system. After refilling have a flow problem, radiators work upstairs except one. All downstairs don't work there is water in them and when you open bleed there is no air in rad, the pump is also fine. How do I get them to flow as I can bleed until hot water is at one end of radiator but goes no further! :(

Sponsored Links
Try closing off every other rad besides the cold one, then the pressure will be much greater to push any airlock out.

Thanks for info I tried this and two of the rads come on downstairs with all turned off upstairs but no further and rads are hot one side but cool on other.

I have six rads upstairs plus pipe into hot water tank, and nine rads downstairs. Been at house 8 years and never had a problem before this!!!

Any other ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back