Gravity fed combi boiler?

quote="tgreen1";p="835059"]Hi,

I think all I need is a cold water gravity tank with a pump creating a new feed to my current boiler (admittedly its a pretty basic 'Main 24kW' but it seems ok).

Correct. But that would only supply cold water to your thermostatic shower. you need an independent hot water source. ;)

Accumulators are ridiculous in a domestic environment, no need. ;)

for once bamber i agree with you :eek:

Sponsored Links
[Correct. But that would only supply cold water to your thermostatic shower. you need an independent hot water source. ;)

Accumulators are ridiculous in a domestic environment, no need. ;)[/quote]

for once bamber i agree with you :eek:[/quote]

Interesting, though my shower isn't thermostatic at present - its just running off the taps from my bath. I may well decide to put in a thermostatic stand-alone shower instead if I am getting the work done.

So- if I keep my existing set-up (mixer shower running off bath taps) then a cold water cistern running to my combi boiler then to the shower is ok. If I put in a thermostatic shower then I will need a cold water tank AND a hot water cyclinder?

I have to say I'm put off of hot water cyclinders a bit. They seem like an awful waste of energy, especially when located in an uninsulated loft.

Big thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back