gravity fed thermostatic shower pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, just updating bathroom and fitting a thermo bar shower to replace a tap shower feed. Old tap feed also only had tank cold and mains hot so was a nightmare to balance out and not get backfeed and cold shower.
Anyway, hot water from vented cylinder is 22mm, had fitted a new feed from the cw tank in the loft in 15mm. Shower flow is not great (7.5 l/ min) so would it be worth changing cold feed pipe to 22mm?
cw tank is about 3m above shower head, mixer is good for 0.2-5 bar. Planning to get a combi in the longer term which would largely resolve pressure issues but if 22mm is worth it i'll do it now.
thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Long term hopefully 6 months. No restrictors in mixer, nrv in hot feed only, full bore valves on both 15mm feeds bar. Tempted to replace bathroom pipe in 22 leaving the rest in 15 see if it changes, changing a few metres of 15 might show if its worth it?

Just out of curiosity,

Without being seen to be advertising have you considered a pump? Obviously may not prove worthwhile if you are fitting a combi soon but its just another option for you.

regards

ken

Sponsored Links
thanks all
have replaced bathroom section of 15 for 22, few hours work (1 forward 2 back!) so will see how it goes with shorter section of 15 from loft tank to that. Not massively keen on pumps tbh as the ones i have seen/ used in the past are noisy. Things have probably moved on since then but it would be a bit of an awkward install pipe wise, plus i would probably need a bigger cw tank. probably as easy to fit a new boiler :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back