Gravity Fed to Pressurised Conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking advice on this. I currently have a gravity fed hot water system installed and am looking to have this converted to pressurised before installing 2 new bathrooms. At present my mains water coming into the kitchen is 15mm copper.

Does all 15mm copper mains to the cylinder have to be replaced with 22 for this conversion or is it just the outlets to the rooms?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Refer to MI but usually they are fed in 22mm. Check the mains pressure and flow rate before you even consider changing anything. Without the right pressure the change could make very little difference.

Assuming the mains pressure and flow rate are ok. Is there anyway to use an accumulator to change from 15 to 22 in the attic rather than from the entry at the kitchen sink?

If the pressure and flow are ok (min 2 bar / 20 min) then the 15 mm pipes will be fine.

Sponsored Links
If the pressure and flow are ok (min 2 bar / 20 min) then the 15 mm pipes will be fine.

Will the flow not be lower even if the pressure is ok due to the 15mm though or am I right in saying that the 2 bar / 20 min is for 15mm with the usual 22mm pressure being lower but flow will then be the same?

Will the flow not be lower even if the pressure is ok due to the 15mm though or am I right in saying that the 2 bar / 20 min is for 15mm with the usual 22mm pressure being lower but flow will then be the same?

And am I right in saying a 300ltr unvented tank is what I'm looking for. It's a 4 bedroom house with 3 bathrooms and oil heating.

I won't be diy'ing this one by the way. Someone qualified will be doing it, just looking at options and trying to work out how much disruption there will be to other rooms.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back